Tips For Beginners
Here are a few tips that will help beginners:
- When it seems impossible to get tiles into the Magic Zone, it sometimes helps to change the
setting of the Compass. The tiles will then fall in a new direction, and the re-arranged board may
have new opportunities.
- Some people have trouble visualizing where things will fall when the Compass points in a
different direction. It may be helpful to physically rotate your device while playing.
- It's often useful to shift columns down, so the bottom tile falls, and ends up on top. (If the
Compass is pointing in some other direction, this still works in that direction.)
- Using the trick mentioned above, shift tiles until they are in the bottom row (or its equivalent). Then
use the bottom row to move tiles across to join up with others of their pattern/color. You can then "pop"
them back up, using the shift down technique. See example below.
Example: How to clear the green tiles.
You can't just move that one stray green tile over, since there is a
purple tile in the way. So you move it down...
Again, you can't just move the green tile to the left, since that would break
up that nice arrangement of green tiles on this row. So you move it down again...
NOW, we can safely move the green tile to the left.
But now we need to get the green tile into the Magic Zone. So we push it off the
bottom, and it will fall back onto the top.
Ready to clear all of the green tiles...
Done! Now on to clear the yellow or purple tiles.
Ranking of Achievements
Points are awarded for making tiles vanish, for causing cascades,
for eliminating all tiles of a particular
color or pattern, and for finishing levels with remaining moves. Obviously, the best strategies
bring in the highest number of points.
Because the scores for each of these achievements vary based on the number of tiles involved,
it is not possible to provide an absolute ranking. But the approximate ranking is as follows:
|Highest||Clearing all the tiles of one or more colors or patterns at once, without
having cleared any other tiles of that color or pattern since you started this level.|
|Clearing all the tiles of one or more colors or patterns at once.|
|Causing multiple cascades.|
|Middle||Causing a cascade.|
|Lowest||Clearing tiles, the more the better.|
|Using fewer than 100 moves to complete a level.|
Here are some pointers that may help advanced players:
- Getting the Magic Zone to any edge of the screen makes it much easier to eliminate those last few
tiles on a level.
- It's easiest to eliminate all the tiles of two or more patterns in a
single move at the very beginning of a level. Make those first moves count!
- You can use a combination of charms and trickery to make some pretty spectacular moves. So don't just
let those charms go to waste.
- Don't forget to play Poker on each level, if you have Orphans. You can get some valuable charms that way,
or even reduce the number of Orphans, and extend your playing time.
[ Download :
How to Play :
Bugs or Issues ]
Copyright © 2003, Samuel Goldstein