fogbound.net




Wed, 10 Mar 2021

You Can’t See the Roofing

— SjG @ 3:46 pm

There hasn’t been much visible work while waiting on inspections, and then the crew worked for a couple of nights until after dark. Even during this morning’s rain, they were working. Fortunately, they’d put the roofing on yesterday. We also had the alarm guy come and do the prep for the alarm system (no photos of that stuff, for obvious reasons).

In any case, I finally got in again today. They’ve been readying for the stuccoing, and they’ve got much of the insulation in. It’s weirdly silent inside compared to how it was before!

There’s been some friction over communication. The sprinkler pipes in both front and back yard were still broken, even after we’d been assured they were all in order. There has been some repair work, but I’m not sure that this has been resolved yet. On another front, we went through paint color decisions for the unit, but then were later told that only stucco staining options were available.

Filed in:

Mon, 1 Mar 2021

Rocks and Windows

— SjG @ 5:56 pm

The front yard is getting reorganized now that the plumbing is done. A plan was formed, and stone is being moved about. There will be a lot of subsequent work, involving sprinklers, transplanting roses, and more, no doubt about it, but it won’t just be a bunch of muddy holes for much longer.

The unit itself has had the windows and exterior doors installed! I was anticipating roof work. Meanwhile, the driveway wisteria is celebrating with some of the first blossoms.

Filed in:

Sat, 27 Feb 2021

Surcease of Digging

— SjG @ 4:32 pm

It looks like the digging is done for the time being!

The driveway’s been re-cemented, and the HVAC work has completed. Oh, and the windows have arrived!

Filed in:

Mon, 22 Feb 2021

Back to Digging

— SjG @ 6:03 pm

While the crew gets ready to patch the driveway back up, they’re also digging down to the main sewer outflow from the main house. The front yard now looks like we’re aspiring WWI Western Front re-enactors.

Filed in:

Sun, 21 Feb 2021

Pipes, Vents, and More Digging

— SjG @ 10:51 am

Over the past few work days, more has been done on the HVAC and the gas/water/sewer hookups. During the integration of the new sewer outflow with the existant pipes, it was unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) discovered that the existant pipes are badly corroded, not to mention chock full of roots. We’d been on a program of yearly cleanings because of root intrusion, but it became clear that this pipe, probably dating back to 1939, is probably in need of replacement.

So yesterday was partially spent trying to dig up and move the rose bushes from the areas where the new digging will happen.

Filed in: